Fluendo is proud to announce its Codec Pack 18, now supporting GStreamer 1.0 for several Linux Distributions
March 13, 2013, 11:31 a.m.
Barcelona, Spain – March 13, 2013. Fluendo, the Barcelona-based multimedia software development company and GStreamer expert, today announced the 18th release of their codec pack, now operational on GStreamer 1.0.
Fluendo codec pack is currently operational on Fedora 18, Ubuntu 13.04 (release next April), and Open Suse 12.3. More Linux distributions are expected to include support for GStreamer 1.0 in the future.
This codec pack introduces support for GStreamer 1.0 as well as the traditional GStreamer 0.10 support. By installing this codec pack, applications using either version of GStreamer will be able to leverage the provided decoders.
Fluendo Codec Pack 18 also includes the following improvements:
* Hardware accelerated video decoders improvements :
- Fixed some resource leaks with XVBA/AMD drivers which was rendering the decoder unusable.
- Fixed VABuffer releasing on GEN(i965) drivers.
- Implement basic QOS support to skip frames when hardware can’t keep up.
- Renamed the VAAPI wrapper functions so that they don’t conflict with libva names.
- Improvements to MPEG4 decoding.
- Better support for adaptive switching through on the fly codec reconfiguration.
* Windows Media Video decoder improvements :
- Major performance improvement in WMV1/WMV2 decoding.
- Fixed decoding of some VC1 clips.
* ASF demuxer improvements :
- Better support for clips with bogus fourcc values.
- Increase interleaving tolerance to support specific clips reported by customers.
- Some more improvements in HTTP seeking support.
* AAC audio decoders improvements :
- Better support for adaptive streaming with on the fly codec reconfiguration.
* MPEG4 Part2 video decoder improvements :
- Fixed decoding of some specific clips.
* MP3 audio decoder improvements :
- Fixed decoding of some clips and a potential crash.
With this action, Fluendo wants to ratify its commitment to the GStreamer project and, at the same time, give our customers the guarantee that it will continue improving its products and supporting GStreamer 0.10.